Updated November 2, 2016 – Unitron hearing aids Passport series of hearing aids are a collection of premium hearing devices that deliver excellent hearing even in the most difficult listening situations. The Unitron Passport series comes in a variety of styles, including small Completely-In-The-Canal (CIC) units, up to open-fit Behind-The-Ear (BTE) models. Each style is available in a variety of colors as well, allowing users to find the hearing aid that is right for them. Although there are numerous styles of the Passport hearing aids available to consumers, the advanced technology is present in each device. Some of the featured technology of the Passport series includes:
Unitron Passport Hearing Aids Technology
- Smart Focus: This feature gives the hearing aid’s user control over his or her listening experience by allowing the user to focus on sounds in front, to the side, or behind them. This allows for better hearing in almost any situation. This feature can be especially useful in situations where the hearing aid wearer cannot directly face the speaker, like in the car.
- AutoPro 4: This feature automatically adjusts the hearing aid’s program depending on the listening situation. The four program modes include: quiet or just speech, speech with background noise, intense noise, and music. Each listening mode is designed to provide users with the best hearing quality possible for a given situation.
- LearnNow: This intuitive feature allows users to instantly teach his or her hearing aid their loudness, clarity, and comfort preferences to be applied across many different listening situations.
- Speech Enhancement LD: This adaptive directional microphone technology provides the user with better in noise speech hearing and understanding by selectively amplifying speech sounds.
- Feedback Management System: This technology eliminates the annoying whistling in the user’s hearing aid before he or she even knows it is happening. With this feedback eliminated, users can have more enjoyable conversations on the phone, a listening situation where feedback can often be a problem with other hearing aids.
- AntiShock: This feature automatically, and instantly suppresses loud sounds like glass breaking, dishes clanging, or a door slamming, making them much less unpleasant to hear.
- MyMusic: This feature uses the user’s preferences to provide them with an enhanced music listening experience.
- Smart Control Remote: This accessory by Unitron allows users to quickly and easily control a wide range of his or her hearing aid’s functions. Some of the device’s features may vary slightly between different styles of hearing aid.
Available models, and the respective colors, of the Passport hearing aid include: