Updated November 4, 2016 – The X Series hearing aids from Starkey Laboratories are the company’s most advanced line of traditional digital hearing aids. The Starkey hearing aids series helps users hear better in noisy environments, and also features numerous other innovations to help users experience their surroundings more comfortably. This Starkey Hearing Technologies line features more powerful hearing aids, with multi-core processing to help eliminate whistling, provide better hearing in noise, and deliver better telephone compatibility. The series automatically, and seamlessly, adjusts to different sound environments, delivering exceptional hearing quality anywhere.
Starkey X Series hearing aids are available in a variety of styles, and every X Series hearing aid includes a multitude of advanced technologies to help users hear better, and easier.
Starkey X Series Hearing Aids Technology
- Voice iQ2 technology doubles the noise reduction capability of the company’s leading noise reduction and speech preservation system, while still maintaining speech volume and clarity. It has been proven to reduce the user’s listening effort and cognitive fatigue, especially when used in conjunction with InVision Directionality. It does this by providing up to 20dB of noise reduction, and instantly applying variable noise adaptations in all channels between each pause in conversation.
- InVision Directionality automatically pinpoints desired sounds in a person’s environment and emphasizes them. The technology also eliminates the unwanted background noise in the environment. This helps users pay attention to what is important, and ignore what is not.
- PureWave Feedback Eliminator eliminates almost all buzzing and whistling in the hearing aid. Additionally, the technology ensures wide fitting ranges, and a fast response to more complex feedback. It helps make open ear fittings an option for more users.
- Self-Learning technology allows X Series hearing aids to gradually, and automatically, learn the user’s volume control preferences in each active memory, helping to reduce the number of the user’s own manual control adjustments.
- Spectral iQ is an advanced technology designed for those who have steeply sloping high-frequency hearing loss. This frequency-lowering technology is designed to enhance real-time audibility by identifying high-frequency vocal cues, and replicating them in easier to hear, lower frequencies. This is especially valuable, as it provides audibility for high-frequency speech cues for patients that may have been considered unaidable previously.
- Sweep Technology is a technology that makes manual adjustments of the hearing aids much easier. The X Series hearing aids no longer have tiny buttons and dials, but they are equipped with an intuitive touch surface. This allows for simple volume and memory adjustments with the sweep or touch of a finger. Note: this technology is available on the BTE, Power BTE, Power Plus BTE, mini BTE, RIC 13, and the Xino RIC 10 hearing aids.
- T2 Remote technology allows the user to control their hearing aid using any cell phone or touch-tone phone, eliminating any additional hardware. The user can utilize any touch-tone phone to select a memory or adjust the volume of the hearing aid.
- Automatic Telephone Solutions (ATS) automatically detects the user’s telephone use, and adjusts the hearing aid’s settings to deliver the best telephone listening possible.
- Music and Television Processing technology provides multiple music genre settings to maximize sound quality and listening enjoyment, while also delivering optimal performance while watching television.
- HydraShield nanocoating technology is designed to protect the user’s hearing aid from wax, water, oils, sweat, and humidity. This improves the durability of the X Series hearing aids, allowing them to last longer.
- Intuitive Technology of the X Series hearing aids provides vocal and tonal cues to the user of the status of his of her hearing aid and its battery, its memory, and telephone modes. Users have the option to choose between either a male, or a female voice, in a variety of languages.
The X Series hearing aids come in a variety of styles, depending on the user’s preference and availability. They are available in Invisible-In-The-Canal (IIC) (with the SoundLens 11), Completely-In-Canal (CIC), In-The-Canal (ITC), In-The-Ear (ITE), Behind-The-Ear (BTE), Power Behind-The-Ear (Power BTE), Power Plus BTE, mini BTE, Receiver-In-Canal (RIC 13), RIC 13 AP, RIC 312, Receiver-In-Canal Absolute Power (RIC 312 AP), Xino RIC 10, and Xino RIC 10 AP. A variety of colors are available in the RIC and BTE styles to match user’s skin tone, or hair color. Each of the styles available in the X Series, besides the IIC style, are available in the X Series 110, X Series 90, or X Series 70.
The X Series 110 is ideal for hearing in very loud environments, such as sporting events, around loud music, or in the car. The X Series 90 is ideal for loud environments, like shopping malls and other crowded venues. The X Series 70 is perfect for everything else, from restaurants and worship services, to relaxing at home, or having one-on-one conversations.
This isn’t the only model we have, see the other Starkey Hearing Aids.