Updated November 4, 2016 – From Starkey Laboratories comes one of the most advanced Starkey hearing aids on the market today, the Starkey Wi Series. These Starkey hearing aids allow for effortless listening, even in noisy environments, to help bring enjoyable listening back to users who may have lost it. The most advanced innovation of this series of hearing aids is the ability to wirelessly transmit sound from the user’s television, radio, or computer, directly to the user’s hearing aid, through a SurfLink Media streamer. Other Starkey hearing technologies present in the Wi Series hearing aids provide better phone call conversations, eliminate buzzing and whistling, and deliver exceptional sound clarity. This series of Starkey hearing aids can also be custom-fit to the user’s ear.
While Wi Series technology is available in a wide variety of hearing aid styles, the technology found in each hearing aid is the same.
Starkey Wi Series Technologies
- PureWave Feedback Eliminator is an advanced technology that delivers a fast response to more complex feedback. This technology eliminates the buzzing and whistling that may be present in some other hearing aids. It also makes open ear fittings a potential option for a wider variety of hearing aid users.
- Voice iQ2 technology doubles the noise reduction capability of the company’s leading noise reduction and speech preservation system. This technology makes having a conversation in a noisy environment much easier by providing up to 20dB of background noise reduction, and instantly applying variable noise adaptations in all channels between each syllable of a conversation.
- InVision Directionality helps users focus on what is important in a conversation by pinpointing desired sounds, and eliminating unwanted ones. This allows for more effortless listening. In fact, when used in combination with Voice iQ2, users experience reduced listening effort and cognitive fatigue.
- Spectral iQ technology is an advanced technology designed for those with steeply sloping high-frequency hearing loss. This technology enhances real-time audibility by identifying high-frequency speech cues, and replacing them in lower frequencies. This provides audibility of high-frequency speech cues for users who may have been considered unaidable previously.
- Self Learning technology present in the Wi Series hearing aids helps to reduce the manual adjustments of the user’s hearing aid. It does this by gradually and automatically learning volume control preferences in each memory.
- Sweep Technology eliminates the tiny buttons and dials present on most hearing aids with an intuitive touch surface. This allows users to make volume or memory adjustments with the simple sweep or touch of a finger. Note: this technology is available on the RIC 13 model.
- Automatic Telephone Solutions (ATS) automatically senses when the user is on the phone, and makes the necessary volume and memory adjustments for the most comfortable and enjoyable phone hearing possible.
- Music and Television Processing technology delivers numerous music genre settings that helps to maximize the user’s sound quality, enhancing their listening enjoyment. Additionally, a new memory program on the hearing aid helps to deliver optimal sound quality for watching television.
- HydraShield2 technology helps to protect the user’s hearing aid. This nanocoating technology shields the user’s hearing aid from wax, water, oils, sweat, humidity, perspiration, and corrosion, on both, the inside and the outside.
- Intuitive Features of the Wi Series hearing aids provide users with automatic vocal and tonal indicators that tell the user the status of his of her hearing aid, as well as its battery.
- Ear-to-Ear Wireless Communication coordinates the communication between hearing aids. This technology eliminates the need to manually adjust both hearing aids, for added convenience.
- SurfLink Media streaming allows users to hear his or her radio, television, or computer audio at the volume they prefer, as it is streamed directly from the device to his or her hearing aid. With this technology, no manual pairing is involved, the device just has to be plugged in, and the SurfLink Media streamer automatically streams stereo audio (both ears) to the user’s hearing aid when they are in range. Additionally, other users can listen to the radio or television at a volume that they prefer at the same time.
Wi Series hearing aids are available in Secret Ear Completely-In-Canal (CIC), In-The-Canal (ITC)/Half Shell (HS), In-The-Ear (ITE), Receiver-In-Canal (RIC) 13, Receiver-In-Canal 13 Absolute Power (RIC AP), RIC 312, and RIC 312 AP. The RIC hearing aid models are also available in a variety of vibrant colors, or flesh tones, allowing the user to make the hearing aid as discreet as he or she wishes. Each of these models is available with Wi Series i110, Wi Series i90, and Wi Series i70.
Wi Series i110 hearing aids are ideal for use in very loud environments, such as stadiums and concerts. The Wi Series i90 hearing aids are excellent for loud environments, like shopping malls, meetings, or in restaurants. The Wi Series i70 hearing aids are ideal for just about everything else, from quiet time at home, to worship services, to one-on-one conversations.
This isn’t the only model we have, see the other Starkey Hearing Aids.