Updated November 4, 2016 – Phonak CROS hearing systems are an exceptional solution for those with one-sided hearing loss. They are available in a variety of styles, and are designed to fit those with normal hearing, to profound hearing loss in his or her better ear. Two basic lines exist in the Phonak CROS Series: Phonak CROS, and Phonak BiCROS.
Phonak CROS is perfect for those with normal hearing in their better ear. With this technology, the user places the transmitter behind or inside of the poorer hearing ear. This transmitter picks up sound, and delivers it to the normal hearing ear. Hearing in the user’s good ear will still remain natural and unaffected.
Phonak BiCROS is designed for those with hearing loss in his or her better ear. Like the Phonak CROS, the BiCROS’s transmitter is placed behind or inside of the ear with poorer hearing. This transmitter picks up sound, and transmits it wirelessly to the better hearing ear. At the same time, the receiving hearing aid of the BiCROS series acts as an amplifier to deliver improved hearing.
Phonak CROS and BiCROS transmitters can be mixed and matched with any Phonak Spice Hearing Aid, and any performance level.
Phonak Cros & BiCROS Hearing Aids Technology Includes:
- SoundFlow: This technology allows for a seamless transition between different hearing situations. This allows users to move from a loud environment, to a quiet one, while the hearing device automatically adjusts the device’s listening program to the optimal setting.
- Real Ear Sound: Ears normally help locate sounds. With Real Ear Sound technology, individuals with hearing loss can more easily pinpoint the location of sounds in his or her environment.
- Signal Alerts: This feature automatically alerts the user of a connection interruption, or a low battery in the Phonak CROS transmitter.
- QuickSync: This quick and convenient feature allows for quick adjustment of multiple hearing devices with just one touch.
Phonak CROS Hearing Aids Accessories
- Phonak ComPilot: This all-in-one, advanced accessory provides the hearing aid user with wireless access to his or her television, MP3 player, phones, and other electronics. Additionally, the device allows for quick and easy program and volume changes of the user’s hearing device.
- Phonak TVLink S: This dedicated television-hearing solution transmits the audio from the user’s television wirelessly, directly to the user’s hearing device, in stereo sound, so it can be heard in both ears. Additionally, the device features one-step setup, so the device is ready to use in about a minute.
- Phonak PilotOne: This small, remote control allows users to make discreet adjustments to his or her hearing system. Its simplistic design is easy-to-use, and allows users to make quick volume and program changes to their listening device.
- myPilot: This is a remote control with a color LCD that allows users to adjust numerous settings of his or her hearing system. It can easily be customized to the user’s needs.
The available styles of the Phonak CROS series hearing aids include an award-winning Behind-The-Ear (BTE) style, custom In-The-Ear (ITE) styles, including In-The-Canal and Full-Shell styles.
The Phonak CROS BTE style features either a universal fit, or a custom tip retention option, and uses a 312 Battery.
The Phonak CROS In-The Canal (ITC)/Half-Shell (HS) also runs on a 312 Battery, and features an omnidirectional microphone. The Phonak CROS Full-Shell (FS) runs on a 312 Battery, and like the CROS ITC/HS, features an omnidirectional microphone. Each of these devices features faceplates, as well as shells, of the same color.